PDA

View Full Version : think or swim problems

Aarasjam
12-12-2015,
Anyone having problems with the new think or swim platform? Mine keeps freezing all the time.

acqvqqptth
12-13-2015,
shneed said: (http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?goto/post&id=4191423#post-4191423)
Anyone having problems with the new think or swim platform? Mine keeps freezing all the time.

Check your PC, get it cleaned (ie adware, malware, spyware removed etc..). Then contact Thinkorswim. Back in the good old days TOS was rock solid. Problems started right after the TD Ameritrade merger. Tom Sosnoff would actually answer trader questions himself. Sorry, I'm waxing nostalgic. Check your PC and look into better firms. You'll thank me if you switch.

adamja1
12-14-2015,
Gambit said: (http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?goto/post&id=4191428#post-4191428)
Check your PC, get it cleaned (ie adware, malware, spyware removed etc..). Then contact Thinkorswim. Back in the good old days TOS was rock solid. Problems started right after the TD Ameritrade merger. Tom Sosnoff would actually answer trader questions himself. Sorry, I'm waxing nostalgic. Check your PC and look into better firms. You'll thank me if you switch.

Thanks for the advice. I'm using them for charting. They were working great until this new upgrade. All other programs work fine when running together.

Adrianved
12-14-2015,
I was told to delete the usergui folder in the program files, then if let's say your computer is running 16gb ram, set it to half that in the login screen.

It's extremely frustrating to have it freeze it up intraday....

admin
12-15-2015,
I've used TOS for charting purposes for years.

Since the latest update, it freezes multiple times a day and I have to ctrl alt delete the application, meanwhile ninjatrader runs flawlessly for me . My comp is pretty high end and can handle new games at the highest settings with no prob which is way more demanding than any trading application . Therefore I have concluded that TOS is full of bugs. Not happy with their product anymore. Do not use them for orders ever. When you need them the most, like on high volatility days, you can bet your bottom dollar they are down or lagging severely. Heck their data feed even lags severely on a "normal day"..... terrible for live trading.

On aug 24 and another recent high volatility day, they were completely down for everyone for hours on end.

TOS=POS