Thread: How to populate an Excel doc with external Excel files

How to populate an Excel doc with external Excel files

Hello,
    I had an idea... in my company there are several stand-alone contact lists each one managed with a separated Excel file. These directory of contacts are in several cities for that I had that idea:
    create a master directory excel sheet managed by the HQ and populate it with all the other "branch" files uploaded on Google Drive or any other Web space by the users.
    What the VBS or macro should do is anytimes I open the master document, it must look inside the path where the files have been uploaded then one by one import in into the master doc by creating the sheets inside each one.
    Which one is the way to do that?

Kagazshuramom

In the branch worksheet, select the cell you want to link to and click Copy. Switch to the master spreadsheet and click the cell where you want the link. Then, right-click and select the Paste Link from the Paste menu.

KamakPl

Good evening,
    thanks... but the documents are hosted on the Web, I would like to have the way anytimes I open my document to retrieve from the Web the version online. Did you have any suggest?

Karryptogevy

I do not know how to do that but you might want to read this:

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166359

karlauu69

hanks! I am checking now...

but the documents are hosted on the Web