Thread: Working with more than one designer

Working with more than one designer

Hello,

I would love to hear your thoughts and insights on he following topic: One of my clients is looking to re-design his website. As a project manager, I was assigned to this task. The thing is I found two designers that made a really good impression, and I consider hiring them both for doing the wireframing and the design.
    My question is: What is the best way to do this without having them step on each other toes? I obviously wish to maximize the results I'm getting from them and make the collaboration bear fruits.
    I would love to hear you thoughts and insights on this.

Just pick one. Having two designers, who've never worked together, work together remotely on a web design project is likely going to lead to issues. You also run the risk of ending up with a site that doesn't quite match in style, since they'll both be having design ideas that may conflict.

I often dread when I hear another designer is working on something in tandem as I've had bad experiences with receiving terribly unorganised design files, mediocre design styles I have to follow and filter through into whatever I'm working, and just generally being disheartened with the project and not feeling like it's worth giving 100% effort.

It sound like you talking about a situation where you both work separately, meaning that you had to follow up on his work.
    But what about a situation where both designers are working in collaboration, delivering to me/the client one design which is the result of a joint work?

If they are working in house together then there could be benefits, if they are working remotely then it may be difficult.

if they are working remotely then it may be difficult.