Thread: uBlock Origin blocking Outlook on Chrome

uBlock Origin blocking Outlook on Chrome

Recently, I went to open my Outlook e-mail on Google chrome, and uBlock Origin blocked the site. The site works fine on Firefox (which also has uBlock Origin) and, I've never had this issue on Google Chrome before. Anyone else having this issue?

I should add, this only started happening after the latest Windows 10 update, could that be the cause of it?

This is the only result I've found anywhere for the exact same issue, except I'm on Win7. Would love to be advised.

I'm having the same issue. I just restarted my computer last night to install a windows update. Today when I tried to use Outlook I kept getting the same error. Eventually I narrowed it down to the ublock extension. When disabled or when in incognito mode outlook loads just fine. I'm stumped so far to as to why or how to fix it besides the before mentioned ways. I'll stay posted if I figure it out.

I submitted the problem to the developer on the Ublock Origin extension page. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d.../support?hl=en

I would suggest anyone else with the issue do the same and perhaps they can push an update to fix the issue. Till then It looks like you will just have to disable UBlock to be able to access Outlook.

For anyone having the issue with the latest Windows 10 update, try JSB2000's solution of forcing an update on the third-party filters tab. It worked for me.

Go to the Chrome extensions page (You can get there by clicking on the three dots in the corner of your address bar, then 'More Tools --> 'Extensions'

Then right under uBlock there should be an 'options' to click. Click it, and once it opens click on the 'third-party filters' tab and there should be an option to 'update now'.

Thanks for that solution, JSB