Thread: Need Help fixing many errors in Android Studio

Need Help fixing many errors in Android Studio

Hi
    So I want to learn how to make Android apps in Android Atudio with Udacity's Android Fundamentals course. I have no knowledge or experience in app-development and very very veeeeerry basic programming knowledge. The problem is though that there are many error messages everywhere and I already searched on the internet a few times but have newer gotten a working answer to the problems I'm having. So I thought i could ask the people at the xda-forum for help

I am going to post the problems one after another (posting the next problem after the one before is fixed), because maybe with one answer multiple problems get fixed.
    Also I completely reinstalled Android Studio just to be sure I didn't create any more problems myself.

The first problem is that there is an error message saying:
    failed to find Build Tools revision and then the Version specified in the build.gradle

I know that I need to change the SDK versions in the build.gradle file but I cant find where you can look up the Build Tools Version currently installed. By the way I want to compile for android Marshmallow hoping that it also works for Android Lollipop if that helps in any way

I'm also a new learner to android app development
    Just wanted to know if the udacity tutorial videos are helpful?
    Do they explain well?

I did't really come that Far in the Tutorial (because of obvios reasons) but I Can say they are really good. Easy to understand and straight forward.

Thanks
    I followed a lot tutorials but none of them worked out
    Will try this one

Did you check on the Sdk manager whether you have the needed build tools installed?