Thread: When opening google - SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

When opening google - SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

for 2 days now i cannot open google in firefox, which I use.
    I can open google.com in IE, and I have updated firefox (uninstall and install it again).
    For the first day I could not open even gmail...then I turned off the Encrypted connection scanning in Kaspersky and now I can at least open gmail.
    I still can't open google maps, translator etc.

The error for not be able to open google.com is SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER - the connection is not secure, I think because of https
    And I cannot put the google.com as an exception...it simply does not allow me to go to google.
    All the other pages work.

Can you help me and give me advice?

I checked in firefox help...I did not find anything else useful.

Is the problem kaspersky?

Welcome. Bare minimum: Please hover your mouse cursor over the red K tray icon and tell us the name and version and full build number of your Kaspersky product.

Much, much better: Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth (6th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

I started having this problem as well a few days ago. I keep getting an error whenever I try to connect to google.com using Firefox: "The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates", but I don't get this error using other internet browsers (IE, Chrome). I tried following Firefox's troubleshoot-guide and it suggested disabling "Scan encrypted connections" or re-installing the Kaspersky certificate; none of the suggested solutions worked; however, when I tried to "Pause Kaspersky protection", the issue was fixed and I could surf google.com on HTTPS again!
    My Kaspersky version is: Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.1.415(f)

I think you are using Firefox 64 bits with kaspersky 15.0.1.415(f) i had the same problem. So i have installed kis to 16.0.1.455 ( and my problem was gone.

.thanks a lot, that solved the problem! Actually, I'm suing Firefox 32-bits. I didn't manage to find a way to update KIS except downloading a trial version and installing it; it automatically detected my license registration and I didn't have to enter my key. However, my current version of KIS is 16.0.0.614(d). I assume it's not the latest version of KIS. I wonder if I can get the latest version of KIS 2016 without having to pay for a new license key. I still have 210 days in my older license!