Thread: Can you install Windows 7 on a Intel compute stick?

Can you install Windows 7 on a Intel compute stick?

Those sticks use either Atom Bay Trail or the newer Cherry Trail SoCs that never had official support under Windows 7. It's probably possible, I've not seen anything on others trying to install Windows 7 on devices with these Atoms before. I'd say that Windows 10 is probably better suited for these kinds of devices anyway. Linux distros are officially support on some of them as well.

Windows 10 would be even better to run on a devices like this. Specifically, outside of what heat mentioned, Windows 10 allows you to compact the OS files to take up less room on the tiny 32GB of storage.

Considering NTFS has been the primary file system for Windows for a long time now - and it has always been the recommendation for NT-based versions of Windows because they're the ones that were designed for business/commercial use (you know, some level of actual administrative control over the system at the file system level which FAT/FAT32 cannot provide or support) until Vista came around and started using NTFS by default - I would have to say that seemed like a really odd statement from you considering your experience and knowledge with Windows systems.

Huh, heatlessun comes around as windows know-it-all and now this? Is his account hijacked or was he always just a troll?