Thread: Need Help editing this image

Need Help editing this image

Hello guys this picture used to have a white background , using paint I did what I could to make the background black , but need someone to help me eliminate the white edges around the picture . Many thanks If someone who is able to do it could pm me there email so I can send the image I would very much appreciate it .

Hello apexshay,

Welcome to BC.

On isolating that image..
    In Paintdotnet you can use the magic wand to select all of the background globally and then invert your selection ctrl+I press ctrl+c and it will be copied to your clipboard.
    Open a new layer and press ctrl+v and you should have it.

it can be done manually in paint (microsoft paint) but it would be a lot of work to click and eliminate each pixel. after that you would still potentially get image compression in paint that would lead to nasty blurring round the edges. GIMP could be used, import the image and put a black plain layer behind it. then set the white to an alpha channel so the black shows through. adjust the sensitivity of the alpha channel until all the annoying bits are gone.

Windows Paint is my winning program for changing background color.

After painting the background using the fill bucket, I zoom the image many times and touch up by using many sizes of brush and pencil. I'm guessing your image could be finished in about 15 minutes.

You realize that by removing that contrasting white edge your dark-on-black image will be difficult to view and comprehend.