Thread: Civilization VI

Civilization VI

Civilization IV has been officially announced! It will be released on 21 October 2016. There isn't much to see yet though besides the usual Civilization trailer celebrating Mankind's achievements, but I'm still excited nonetheless. I wonder what sort of new gameplay elements they'll introduce?
    Trailer here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

EDIT:
    Actually, there seems to be three screenshots of the game on Steam.
    Looks like it's still going to be hex-based but the graphics look a bit cartoony to me. Definitely brighter and more colourful. Looks very zoomed in as well and with a lot of detail.
    EDIT EDIT:
    RockPaperShotgun has run an article on it:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...on-vi-details/

Interesting new concepts include:
    - Tech trees that depend on the geography of your nation, e.g. if you're a landlocked nation, it'll take you heaps longer to research sailing than it does for one with ocean
    - Your city actually spreads to the entire radius of the city – it's no longer just the hex in the middle.
    - Units can be assigned to "formations" and move around as one group

Civilization VI

First in an epic thread !!!
    FYI, Sid the designer of this game is considered the best in the business for those that don't know. Up there with Kojima and Miyamoto.
    The game looks to be running HBAO don't think this is in V?
    I really hope better AI is the main gameplay improvement

Civilization VI

- Units can be assigned to "formations" and move around as one group
    This is bound to controversial. They're going back to Civ IV style combat, I see.
    2WAN 1GPU Master Race writes...
    FYI, Sid the designer of this game is considered the best in the business for those that don't know.
    I don't think Sid Meier has designed a Civilization game since the original.
    His name is mostly on these games as a marketing ploy.

Civilization VI

Hopefully they balance it sensibly and avoid the "stack of doom" problem.
    I look forward to this. I've found I mostly play Civ V. Beyond earth was a big disappointment to me, just isn't fun (to me – YMMV).