Thread: Moving data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM to SQL Server

Moving data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM to SQL Server

We have a requirement to move the data from MS CRM 2013 to a SQL Server. So could you please let me know what are the different possible ways to migrate the data. I know the ways to do from SQL to CRM but not vice versa.
    Thanks in advance

Actually CRM DB is SQL db so you can use it directly. If you anyway want to migrate data so in your case you can make SQL 2 SQL migration using SSIS for example.

I would recommend that you write your own code using MS CRM SDK to migrate required data and automate as needed.
    Here are some other options...
    1. Export data to excel (using Out Of the Box functionality) and then create SSIS to import it in SQL Server Database (could be time consuming job)
    2. Filtered Queries (Source CRM) > Use SSIS > Import data into SQL Server Database.

(I haven't tried following tool personally so not sure how helpful it will be.)
    3. Kingswaysoft (Video tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d26ziRxodWc)

I hope this helps.

I do not recommend direct interaction with MS CRM database (Not supported) exception is accessing data using Filtered Views.
    If you need to do like to like replication then we can use Subscription/Publication option available from MS SQL Server.

Let's say we ignore Microsoft recommendation then also reading data directly from MS CRM Database tables could be tricky that's why Microsoft have created Filtered Views.
    This forum also discusses the same - https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/...crmdevelopment
    I hope this helps.