Thread: Need some help with my Gaming PC build (Noob)

Hybrid View

Need some help with my Gaming PC build (Noob)

960 is without question the better card, if that’s what you’re asking.

I’ve got the 750 ti (only 2 GB).
    It works great on all latest games @ 1080 60 fps with V-sync on max settings for almost every game exceptGTA V.
    If I put V-Sync on it struggles to maintain 60 fps and drops to 30. without V-sync it ranges from 40-60 fps. I have been playing around with Adaptive Sync from the Nvidia Control Panel to use instead which works ok but you do still see the odd screen tear.
    So in summary wish I had gone for a 960 or similar, just for GTA. So if GTA doesn’t interest you (or don’t mind 30 fps with V-sync) and you only use a 1080 monitor I’d keep the 750 in the running as it’s great performance for value.
    I’m sure I read on Toms hardware that the 960 is not much of a performance increase to a 750 ti anyway.

Iíve got the 750 ti (only 2 GB).
    It works great on all latest games @ 1080 60 fps with V-sync on max settings for almost every game exceptGTA V.
    If I put V-Sync on it struggles to maintain 60 fps and drops to 30. without V-sync it ranges from 40-60 fps. I have been playing around with Adaptive Sync from the Nvidia Control Panel to use instead which works ok but you do still see the odd screen tear.
    So in summary wish I had gone for a 960 or similar, just for GTA. So if GTA doesnít interest you (or donít mind 30 fps with V-sync) and you only use a 1080 monitor Iíd keep the 750 in the running as itís great performance for value.
    Iím sure I read on Toms hardware that the 960 is not much of a performance increase to a 750 ti anyway.