Thread: Need some help with my Gaming PC build (Noob)

Need some help with my Gaming PC build (Noob)

So I need some help with my PC build.
    Is a MSI GTX 960 2GB video card or a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 750 ti 4GB
    I wasn't sure if the 4GB was better then the two but the other one was a GTX 960
    thanks

960 is without question the better card, if that’s what you’re asking.

While the 750 will have more room for textures, the 960 is going to run that much faster.

What’s your monitor? If you’re only pushing 1080(~2Megapixels), the 750 will provide plenty of frames. What’s the point of running 400 frames per second? At best, you can probably only see 40. Better textures are going to produce a bigger impact at that point. If you have a 2560◊1440(~4MP) or 3840◊2160(~8MP), then you’ll probably want the 960, or possibly two of them.
    Another consideration is the case and the power supply. What’s your heat and power budget? The 750 uses a lot more power and generates a lot more heat than the 960.
    Also, what’s your financial budget? The 750 is old, so should be cheaper.

The 960 is definitely a better card, but if you can I’d get one with 3 or at least 4 gigs of memory as well.

I’ve got the 750 ti (only 2 GB).
    It works great on all latest games @ 1080 60 fps with V-sync on max settings for almost every game exceptGTA V.
    If I put V-Sync on it struggles to maintain 60 fps and drops to 30. without V-sync it ranges from 40-60 fps. I have been playing around with Adaptive Sync from the Nvidia Control Panel to use instead which works ok but you do still see the odd screen tear.
    So in summary wish I had gone for a 960 or similar, just for GTA. So if GTA doesn’t interest you (or don’t mind 30 fps with V-sync) and you only use a 1080 monitor I’d keep the 750 in the running as it’s great performance for value.
    I’m sure I read on Toms hardware that the 960 is not much of a performance increase to a 750 ti anyway.

Iíve got the 750 ti (only 2 GB).
    It works great on all latest games @ 1080 60 fps with V-sync on max settings for almost every game exceptGTA V.
    If I put V-Sync on it struggles to maintain 60 fps and drops to 30. without V-sync it ranges from 40-60 fps. I have been playing around with Adaptive Sync from the Nvidia Control Panel to use instead which works ok but you do still see the odd screen tear.
    So in summary wish I had gone for a 960 or similar, just for GTA. So if GTA doesnít interest you (or donít mind 30 fps with V-sync) and you only use a 1080 monitor Iíd keep the 750 in the running as itís great performance for value.
    Iím sure I read on Toms hardware that the 960 is not much of a performance increase to a 750 ti anyway.