Thread: Photoshop Cs - Warping Images To Display On Film Reel?

Photoshop Cs - Warping Images To Display On Film Reel?

I am working on a web page with some films. Wanted to have some kind of graphic displaying screen captures of each film, perhaps each capture as one frame on a film reel.

It would be cool to have this reel be wavy and/or looping, but is there an "easy"-ish way to warp the captures jpgs to look realistically like they're actually frames on the film? Any plugins or standalone applications?
    Thanks.

I've never used Photoshop CS so I'm not going to be able to help you much but I just wanted to clarify are these screen captures static or dynamic? i.e. are you looking for a way to distort single images to fit on the film reel graphic or are you looking for some way to fit images to the graphic as they are selected?
    (I'm assuming the graphic itself would be static?)

Yeah, each screen capture I'd like to distort will just be a static gif or jpg. The final image would be a static film reel graphic with those captures warped/superimposed to look as if they were individual frames on the reel.

Hope that clears it up a little

I would also like an application that would accomplish the same end.

As it is, I can only "see" doing it in a 3D application;

it would mean making the screencapture a "texture"
    that you would use to surface a mesh modified object
    (you'd pattern after the exact video frame "template"
    you envision). The shape to wrap the image/type over
    would match the size and shape of your film reel graphic.

Then you'd merge and render the images into a finished
    new image.

Using this free application would do it.
    Not easily, at first, more than likely.

Since it's all static, cunning placement of the frames should make this fairly simple.

Some ideas:
    1. Use "dummy" frames with a touch of colur to look like parts of similar photos, where the film bends sharply.
    2. Use the Photoshop 'deformation tool' to skew the rectangular images out of square.
    3. Use the 'perspective tool' to modify an oversized image then cut the frame shape out of it.
    4. Use warping software to change the images - try WinMorph it's free. Winmorph